The Governing Body recognises the valuable contribution that the wide range of additional optional activities, including trips and residential experiences can make towards pupils’ personal and social education.
The Government has decreed that there should be no charge for certain activities. However, the Governing Body reserves the right to make a charge in the following circumstances for activities organised by the school.
- The full cost of all board and lodging required on residential visits.
- Individual music tuition except where it is part of the National Curriculum.
- The full cost to each pupil of activities deemed to be optional extras, taking place out of school hours.
- The cost of material or ingredients, if the parents have indicated that they wish to own the finished product.
- Damage of school property or premises caused by pupil behaviour.
Legislation allows all schools to charge for activities which take place outside normal working hours – at lunchtime or before and after school. However the school strives to provide many free clubs, led by teaching and support staff. We will also host after school clubs provided by an outside agency and this will usually demand that a charge is made to cover the cost
Parents may be asked to make voluntary contributions towards trips throughout the academic year. In the event of costs for trips and activities not being met, the event may have to be cancelled.
The latest Charging and Remissions Policy is available below and the Head Teacher is pleased to discuss costs with parents and carers who experience financial difficulties, as detailed in this policy.