St Nicholas Class - Year 1
Friday 18th September - Our class information
As we are unable to hold class meetings this year I have recorded a video (below) with the information that we normally share. There is also an information sheet in the box at the top of the page.
Tuesday 15th September - The Tiger who came to tea' cuddly toy day
Dear Year 1 Parents
As part of our English learning in class and reading the story ‘The Tiger Who Came To Tea’ the children are allowed to bring into school one small cuddly toy on Friday 18th September. Please can the cuddly toy be put in a separate bag labelled with your child’s name on.
A risk assessment has been completed for this activity. The safety measures we have put in place are as follows:
- Children will store their teddy in a bag with their name on. This will not be kept inside the classroom.
- Children will sit 2 metres apart with their teddy and have their own dedicated area.
- Children must not touch any other child’s teddy.
- Children will wash their hands before and after the activity.
- Children will take their teddy home the same day.
Also please can you ensure your child brings a book bag into school as this week we start changing reading books, word boxes and giving out homework books.
Monday 14th September - And we are back!
St Nicholas' class are enjoying being back at school. We have had fun playing in the playground, trying the new outdoor play equipment and learning maths in lots of exciting ways.