The Diocese said...
This is a good Catholic school with some outstanding elements because:
- All pupils have opportunities to take on responsibilities and participate in the Catholic life of the school. Some pupils are beginning to help in the process of evaluating the distinctive nature of the school. The work of the Chaplaincy group is a strength of the school.
- Pupils spiritual and moral development is outstanding.
- Pupils are motivated to do well and nearly all pupils enjoy their Religious Education lessons.
- Opportunities are provided for pupils to participate in the prayer life of the school. Most pupils are offered opportunities to lead prayer and worship.
- Leaders and Governors are committed to the Catholic life of the school and carry out monitoring activities. The close connection between the school and the parish priest (who is the link governor for RE) is a strength of the school.
- Staff are enthusiastic and skilled, with the majority of teaching seen being at least good.